November 28, 2007

The Talentless Me
Marc Yu.
8 years of age.
An American born Chinese.
Cute.
So, who is this Marc kid you may ask?
An exceptionally intelligent kid or in other words - a genius.
A BORN genius.
A musical prodigy.
He is exceptionally good in fact excellent in piano.
& not forgetting, of course MATH.
3 years old and he's already playing my Grd5 piece?
P/S: I only played it when I was 11!
6 years old and he's playing an ATCL piece?
8 years old and he's doing Form3 math???
This is way WAY embarrassing.
He also has perfect pitch.
A very rare talent usually born with ,not nurtured.
What is perfect pitch?

the ability of a person to identify or sing a musical note without the benefit of a known reference.

Only 1 in 10,000 people have this gift.
My sis is the 1 out of 10,000.
Unfortunately,
I am born without it.
:((
Why my sis & not the both of us?
I searched high and low, far and wide for the answer..
Actually leh, I didn't lor.
I just asked my mum. (;
It seems that she played the organ while she was having my sis.
& when she was having me..
She was busy fetching my sis hither & thither from kindies.
So she didn't have any time to play the organ for me.
In fact, I'm born without ANY talent.
YUP ZERO talent.
Unless you count eating & sleeping as talents.
SIGHS.
Everyone should have something that they're really good at, right?
Exp: Dad - The ability to speak eloquently
Mum - Sewing & Drawing
Sis - Has perfect pitch & debating
Me - ... (cricket..)
So what the HELL am I good at??
So frustrating.
Just a talentless git.
A lifeless loser.
Gosh, that doesn't even sound like me.
This proves how frustrated I am.
Pfft.
Gonna hit the bunk.
Goodnight world.





No comments: