Finally an update from me ey??? Even I couldn't stand my dying blog.
I'm back with more updates about how I celebrated CNY 2009. I would say this year's Chinese new year didn't turn out to be that boring. Quite eventful to be honest. As usual, I went back to Sungai Siput ( in case you don't know where it is, its somewhere near Chemor where there's no Starbucks, poor radio signals and The Store as their most happening mall ), where both my dad and mum spent half of their lifes there. God knows what they did to entertain themselves back in the 60's ! Actually I do know what they did. They jumped into a mining pool in their undies, played with cow dungs and strummed songs from The Beetles on the guitar. I went back to their hometown this year only to know that most of my cousins are mothers already (!!!!) and I'm still in my late teens. I wonder what took my parents so long to bring me into this world. Fate? Haha. So, it's great to see your extended family once in a while just to see how they're doing and how many pounds they gained over the year. Unfortunately, my earnings this year ain't a big sum. Bigger than last year's since most of my cousins are mothers already (!!!!) But CNY isn't all about the red packets right? It's part of it but mostly it's about gambling, baby! And spending time with your family 24/7.
That's just for the first 2 days of CNY. Then I made my way to Cameron Highlands. It's been ages since the last time I set foot in Cameron Highlands. It didn't felt like I was in Malaysia, with the cool air and the Ye Olde Smokey House ( A very cosy English cottage. A must to go there the next time you're up in the Highland. ) Unfortunately, my phone, which I loved and still love very much passed away on my way up to Camerons. Natural death probably. Sis reckons it's the altitude problem -.- That explains why I have not uploaded any pics so far. Bear with my picture-less post for awhile, please. Oh and it's not certified dead till it's sent to Sony Ericsson Service Centre. So cross your fingers, people!
Day 3 of CNY - Becky's Tea Party. Also my first time playing the Play Station and the joystick all. Interesting I have to say. I know, laugh all you want but seriously, I have not even touched a PS before. PSP or PS1 , etc.. The only game I play is um Bejeweled ? Haha. I bet Kim had a great laugh playing with a Play Station illiterate person. And Becky's bro, Michael looked quite annoyed that I couldn't operate the joystick properly... Oh and the muffins, tasty!
Day 4 of CNY is the paling happening one man. I've even made new friends whom I only know by name. And Sis's friends came over to my place to pai nin. Which of course involves gambling and they practically swallowed down all the New Year cookies. I tried to ask them for donations for 4th Unit's Gathering but to no avail. Except for Wai Soon who kind heartedly donated 5 bucks. So I decided to gamble to earn the donations! Smart ey? Funny lot, those people. And then I tagged along to my sister's ( extremely hot and funny and friendly and dances like Rain and he can sing!!!! ) friend house. Then later on, Sueli and Jee An also came over to pai nin too. What are 3 miserable people to do in my house? Gamble again lah! What else? :D





I'm still living in denial after a week of break from reality.
I already have lots on my plate.. 4th Unit Ranger's Gathering, P&J Newsletter lah, ATCL exam lah, Moral Folio which I have no idea what to do thanks to Mr Perverted Head Lau, homework lah,
Damn it, I haven't even finish my homework yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment