February 22, 2009

Button who shed some light.

Zambry stays in my neighbourhood.

ZAMBRY STAYS IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD???? He just tarnished Taman Golf's reputation. It's a disgrace I tell yah. On the other hand, LAT, the cartoonist, well known for the Kampung Boy drawings stays in my neighbourhood too. Who knows? Maybe I'll win the Nobel Prize in the future and residents of Taman Golf will be proud that I spent my early years here. Okay, maybe not the Nobel Prize Winner, but I will definitely want to leave a mark or at least make a significant change in the world before I depart to meet The Almighty and um, angels who feed you grapes? I mean, I don't want to just live life without achieving my goals and as for the purpose in life,( which I have yet to find unfortunately ) what really is the purpose of living? Life life life.. So many questions, but how do we truly learn life lessons? Learning from mistakes?
Watch a movie?

I gave 'watch a movie' a try. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Benjamin, born as a baby with a physical appearance of an old man and eventually grows younger as he ages. In a nutshell, he ages in reverse. Which is unusual, which captured my interest to watch it in the first place. Not because of Brad Pitt's fine, beyond fine appearance and physique, I'm proud to say but I must say, he made my knees weak while watching this movie and thank God you're suppose to sit in a cinema. Back to Benjamin, he learns what life is in a unique way. All of us learn as we age, but Benjamin on the other hand learns as he grows younger putting him and us at the two extreme ends. Mark Twain once said that it's a pity that the best part of life happens in the beginning and the worst part at the end. Hence, the tale of Benjamin Button to see whether life will be better if the best things in life came at the end and the worst at the beginning. So at the end of the day, does it really matter whether where life starts or ends? A thought-provoking movie, ain't it?
6 bucks well spent, Eva.

No comments: